Have you entered the world of social media, only to find you are in completely over your head? Does it seem that as soon as you begin to understand a specific social media site, it changes? If so, you are not alone. Perhaps, you recognize the benefits of social media marketing in Plano Tx, but don’t know how to take advantage of its tools.
Today’s business owner must not just understand the business world, but also be digital and social media savvy. It is important that one knows how to make the most of all the networking sites, in order to promote his business, so that people will want to visit his website or brick and mortar location.
Recent studies show that social networking is now the top online activity in the United States, with users spending more than 27 minutes per day on social media sites. Consequently, knowing how to make the most of your company’s social media presence and positioning your brand for success is more important than ever. If you are already using social media marketing tools and want to make it even better, then here are some tips and strategies you may want to implement.
11 ways to implement your Social Media Marketing Strategies effectively
- Do you have an online marketing plan? If not, determine your plan and goals for your social media presence, and write them down.
- When was the last time you updated your social media profile? If you can’t recall when it was, then it is time to do an update. Be sure to fill in both the long and short bio boxes.
- If you haven’t already done so, add follow and share buttons of all social media sites to your website.
- Have a cover image that corresponds to your Dallas, Texas based business on your social media page. Ideally, you will want to have the same cover and profile picture on each of these networking sites. Be sure your cover tells a story and includes a call to action. Facebook is making this especially easy, as it now allows you to create a custom button for your cover photo.
- If you are not using a company logo as a profile picture, then be sure that your profile picture is professional.
- Promote your social media page as part of your email’s signature line.
- Be engaged. Each day spend time Liking/Following other social media pages in fields related to yours; interact with others, being sure to respond promptly when someone comments or ask a question on your wall; post at least once (ideally twice) a day and boost a post to increase your reach.
- Post high quality content on your page, but don’t always talk about what you have and do. Yes, you want them to know who you are, but they have already connected with you. Be sure to post non-promo material, too.
- Use relevant keywords in your posts, and don’t forget to use #Hashtags on social networks where they appropriate. For instance, Linkedin is not the place for hashtags.
- Get involved in online groups, especially in your geographical location that are related to your business’ focus. For e.g. sign up for groups related to your business in Plano, TX
- Share links on your social media page that go back to your company’s blog, provided you make a new blog post at least once a month!
If you are yet to enter the world of social media, then you are overlooking a valuable tool. And with so many networking sites to choose from, you are sure to find one that will work for your industry. After all, social media is a great way to build your company’s online presence. It will never replace your website but by building and maintaining a strong social media presence, you can drive guests’ visits, and conversely increase sales.
Related links for Social Media: