Have you entered the world of social media, only to find you are in completely over your head? Does it seem that as soon as you begin to understand a specific platform that it changes? If so, you are not alone. Perhaps, you recognize the benefits of social media, but don’t know how to take advantage of tools.
Today’s business owner must not just understand the business world, but also be social media savvy. It is important that one know how to make the most of the platforms, in order to promote business so people will want to visit your website or brick and mortar location. If you are already using social media and want to make it even better, then here are some formulas and shortcuts you will want to implement.
11 Tips, Strategies and Shortcuts for Social Media
Recent studies show that social networking is now the top online activity in the United States, with users spending more than 27 minutes per day on social media sites. Consequently, knowing how to make the most of your company’s social media presence and positioning your brand for success is more important than ever. How do you do this? By implementing as many of the following tips, strategies, shortcuts as you can.
- Do you have a plan? If not, determine your plan and goals for your social media presence, and write them down.
- When was the last time you updated your profile? If you can’t recall when it was, then it is time to do an update. Be sure to fill in both the long and short bio boxes.
- If you haven’t already done so, add social follow and share buttons to your website.
- Have a social media cover that corresponds to your business. Ideally, you will want to have the same cover and profile picture on each platform. Be sure your cover tells a story and includes a call to action. Facebook is making this especially easy, as it now allows you to create a custom button for your cover photo.
- If you are not using a company logo as a profile picture, then be sure your profile picture is professional.
- Promote your platforms as part of your email’s signature line.
- Be engaged. Each day spend time Liking/Following others in fields related to yours; interact with others, being sure to respond promptly when someone comments or ask a question on your wall; post at least once (ideally twice) a day and boost a post to increase your reach.
- Post high quality content, but don’t always talk about what you have and do. Yes, you want them to know who you are, but they have already connected with you. Be sure to post non-promo material, too.
- Use relevant keywords in your posts, and don’t forget to use #Hashtags on platforms where they appropriate. For instance, Linked is not the place for hashtags.
- Get involved in groups that are related to your business’ focus.
- Share links that go back to your company’s blog, providing you make a new blog post at least once a month!
If you have yet to enter the world of social media, then you are overlooking a valuable tool. And with so many platforms from which to choose, you are sure to find one that will work for your industry. After all, social media is a great way to build your company’s online presence. No, it will never replace your website but by building and maintaining a strong social media presence, you can drive guests’ visits, and conversely increase sales.
Kash Data Consulting LLC is a Search Marketing firm specializing in providing Search Engine Optimization and Exceptional SEO services in Plano, TX