Visual Content marketing is the creation of educational or entertainment material using images, videos, infographics, etc. for your marketing campaigns. Visual Content marketing strategy helps to create content that appeals to the sense of sight, attracting a defined target audience with the ultimate intent of converting them to customers. It also helps to create brand value for your product/services.
- With more than 2.5 billion camera phones in use, visual content is more accessible and affordable to users than ever before.
- Cisco found out that by the year 2021, 82% of all IP traffic shall consist of video.
- Image content enables brands to gain more traction in the market by increasing subscription users up to 329%.
- Hootsuite found that a single piece of visual content has the same effect on the human mind as 60,000 words.
Elements Visual Content Marketing:
- Screencasts and Screenshots
- Graphs, Charts and Data Visualizations
- Call to Action (CTA’s)
- Quote Cards and memes
Optimize your visual content
Visual content should be relevant, memorable, timely, and most importantly optimized if you are going to see any return on the investment. SEO can be a bit tricky as the algorithm by Google changes from time to time. But you can make your visual content search-friendly by following these tips:
Optimize your static and animated/video content dimensions and file size as required by different platforms. These requirements keep changing from time to time.
- Pick the right file format: Most of the platforms accept Image file formats at .PNG, .JPEG, and .GIF. Instagram outlines in its guidelines for IGTV that the videos must be in .MP4 file format.
- Optimize content(image/video) file names. Use hyphens while saving an image file so that the search engine can see the words. Don’t use underscores since search engines can’t identify them and won’t be able to see the words individually.
- Use Alt text: Alt text refers to “alternative text”, which is displayed instead of an image when that image can’t be read. Ex: when you use a browser for visually impaired that tells you what is on that image or when the internet is too slow to load.
- Include captions: Captions are visible on the page unlike Image title and Alt Text, though it may not have a direct impact on SEO, can help with user experience.
Visual assets needs to add value for your audience and resonate with them—whether that means entertaining them, informing them, showing them how to do something, or evoking emotion. A Facebook or Instagram post or a blog on your website with an image/video will not automatically work for you.
Wondering how to Search Engine Optimize visual content for your website, social media or youtube channel? We can help.
Kash Data Consulting LLC is a Search Marketing firm specializing in providing Google Analytics training and services in Dallas, TX. Our Online marketing experts have significant years of practical experience in SEO, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Social Media Marketing, Local Search Marketing, YouTube Optimization and Content Writing with WordPress CMS in Plano, Frisco, Allen and surrounding DFW Metroplex areas.
Written by Tarundeep Kaur, freelance content strategist and writer passionate about SEO and Social Media Marketing in Plano Texas. Loves to cook and paint in her free time.You can reach her on Linkedin.